After leaving Tyler's apartment we then walked to our lunch appointment. This was in the home of a member, a young girl named Andreza. She was the only member in her family. But Tyler had eaten there often because her Mother, Terezinha, loved to feed the missionaries! My memory of the walk to their house was that it was extremely hot and I was having a hard time comprehending the poverty that I was seeing around me. When we arrived we were welcomed so warmly. The father was outside cooking/barbecuing the meat for our meal. He was cooking several different kinds of meats. I remember seeing him bent over a little cooker out in that heat! Once again the food was amazing! They had provided for us a feast! Andreza's sister and her husband were there also. At one point during our visit, Andreza looked at me and said; "You look like you are melting!" And I was!! It was sooo hot and humid. They quickly got a fan out and sat me in front of it. It felt wonderful!
Terezinha was a seamstress. She sewed all of Andreza's clothes. We talked a little about sewing. That was fun for me.
(Mom)
No comments:
Post a Comment